View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 06:37 AM   #14
Laura
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I didn't see this, but my breeder owns 100 yorkies of his own, and has a lovely breeding area. He raises a lot of pups. He, his wife and two teenage children. It is a full time job for the entire family. You could see they love those dogs - all cared for well, everything clean, monitored on television, big bells on their collars. All were clipped short for easy maintenance, but even the clipping has to be a HUGE job for that many pups. His daughter (about 14) raises her own pups - I think Maltese. They live on a big farm.

Personally, I love animals. I have to be very careful not to overwhelm myself with animal care. At Petco yesterday my kids were wanting snakes and hamsters. They know I am a sucker for animals. I cover my ears and close my eyes, won't even go look. I love to buy them beds - all sorts of junk.

I abhore puppymills, but just having a lot of animals does not make you bad. Be careful in throwing judgement. There are an awful lot of single animal homes where the animal is treated horribly - do you ever watch that Animal Cops show. I can't watch - it is so horrible.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=1851
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!