View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Jo-Jo, 26 months old, normal weight is 4lbs. 4oz., no hypoglycemia ever, possible level 1 LP, had 2 retained baby teeth pulled when he was neutered at about 1 year of age. Jo may also have a food allergy or just oily skin from too much oil in his food so we're working on that right now.

Riley, 20 months, normal weight is 4lbs. 2oz., no hypoglycemia ever, possible level 1 LP, had 4 retained baby teeth pulled when neutered at 9 months of age, recently had 2 more retained baby teeth removed.

I also believe the health of a dog has more to do with breeding than size.

Neither of my boyz has ever had a 'sick' day...they are healthy. As for the possible LP...because we moved and then had to find a new vet we've seen a few within the last 2 years and we've had conflicting reports. One vet says yes and the next will say no, so whatever it is it must be slight...we'll just see what happens as they age. However, neither of them have ever had a problem with their knees and may never have a problem. Now, my husband just had knee surgery but that doesn't mean I think any less of his parents for having him! If only he was as healthy as my boyz!

I want to ad that I feel for any of you dealing with health issues in your Yorkies. We had 12 years of bad health from a bad breeder with our first Yorkie Boog so I know how that feels.

Last edited by my2boyz; 01-09-2007 at 04:23 PM.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!