View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
Tink's Mom
With Indy In My Heart
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra
I think you are getting some condensation in the crate -- is it one of those plastic types with the holes? And then if you are covering the top of it, that further inhibits circulation, and moisture is buildng up. It is sort of a "terrarium effect." The warm air (from your puppies breath and around him) rises, cools, and reverts to liquid -- dampness. I can't think that would be a good thing for your little one. Maybe switch to a plain wire cage? Or is there another location in the house that is more dry? At least stop covering the top to allow the warm air to escape as it rises.
Actually, she's in a wire cage and there's plenty of ventilation. But ya know, I was thinking about this today when it happened again in the night and I think it's only when I put the soft blankets in with her that it happens. They are made out of that stuff they make throws from - can't think what it's called - not fleece but soft, soft stuff - darn it, can't think. Anyway, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? She was sio damp this morning that I had to give her a bath before I could get ready for work. Poor little thing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!