View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #19
Kathryn_V
Out to Spoil the World!
Donating Member

Coming from a mom who has two children with the name... oh we'll just say "Peterson" And my last name being "Peulicke" I get a TON of looks and my daughter gets a ton of questions... It creats a Jerry Springer kind of look from people... I go to register her in school or in softball... they write her name down and they ask me my first name and automatically start filling in my last name and I have to correct them... thats when I get that" oh... its a "yo baby's daddy" kind of look... like they expect that my son is going to have a totally different name as well!

Truth is both of my children are from the same father... and I kept my madian name when I was married to him... and when I married my second hisband.. I kept my madian name... till I looked at the school emergency card and saw three last names... madian, daughters and husbands now we did look a bit Jerry Springer! So I finally took his name! And to this day... I get the looks when ever I take Kate to the doctors and have to give our names...

It sucks. Peulicke is a total mouth full and the first husbands name was NOT any better... my madian name was a BREEZE! But for the sake of my children and not having them have to tell a store everytime someone asks if I'm her step-mom.... I wish I could go back and take my first husbands name and keep it! I was just super young and super dumb. not to say that you are in any way... but boy was I.... your smart to be seriously weighing the choice!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!