View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #9
Willow
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

IMO, and only in my opinion, when two people get married they become one, just as it says in the bible...they become of one flesh..therefore I believe the woman should take the man's last name. I took my husbands last name. To me it showed that I was ready to begin my life with him as a part of him. I do believe my husband and I are one in every sense of the word. Granted, he is still a man and he still has his moments...what man doesn't? lol but we are truly one and we have four beautiful children to show for it.

I know a lot of couples who don't live their lives as one working together. They have separate checking accounts, separate monies, separate lives, everything...and maybe that works for them. But for me and my husband, this works for us. We share everything, we talk about everything MOST of the time we can work out our differences. There is no mine/his/hers in our house...it is all OURS (except with the yorkies LOL he has his and I have mine!)

Honestly, you need to decide what works for you and your boyfriend. It is a personal decision that you and he should make together and agree upon. Only you know what is best and what will work for you.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!