View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
WesleyandMaddie
I Love My Stinkers
Donating Member

Default How long did it take to REALLY love them?

I love Wesley and Maddie so much now, but I have to admit that it took me a little while with both of them...

Wesley was my first dog ever and I had dreams of falling in love with him and him falling in love with me from the moment we met. But things didn't work out quite that way. When we picked him up, he fell in love with my boyfriend! In the car, I was holding Wes in the passenger seat and he kept trying to squirm out of my arms into my boyfriend's. The ride home was 5 hours. When we stopped for food my boyfriend went inside to buy it. Wesley did nothing but look in the window and cry for him! He didn't want me to hold him either. Wesley's feelings toward me remained this way for about a week. I was heartbroken. I thought he would never love me. But slowly he came around and now he is a mama's boy. I wasn't sure about him the first couple of days we had him, but now I love him to death!

When we got Maddie, she didn't really bond with my boyfriend or me. She was very independent. She wouldn't come to the door when we came home, she wasn't scared of us or anything, she just didn't seem to care about us. We we reached down to pick her up, she would run. But now, whenever I am watching TV she can't sit next to me, she has to sit on my lap. At night she cuddles up right by my neck and she's suck a little licker!

I love them so much now and I love them more everyday as their little personalities come out more and more.

I was just wondering what your experiences were like...did you fall in love right away or did it take a little while?

P.S. Sorry for the long post.
WesleyandMaddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!