View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
anchichi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default A Fearless Little Dog

i just joined today because of friend of mine is on here. i have one yorkie and he is 11 years old. i got him for Christmas when I was 12. he's such a huge part of this family. in 2005, he had back surgery, his liver and kidneys failed, and he had gall stones. after 7 days on IV, his liver was fine and his kidneys were fine. they couldn't detect anything. we had the gall stones removed and his back surgery left him with little feeling in his back legs. on new years he started acting funny. he wouldn't get up so much. and we thought that it was just gas. but soon he just started laying down. he couldn't get up. and so today my mom took him to the vet. and she said that he might have had a possible stroke because he can't use his left leg. or he might have another back injury that is preventing him from using it. so that's three legs down. well, needless to say...i don't know what to do. we are supposed to sit down as a family and decide whether we should keep him like this or let him go. and i don't want to let my dog go. the doctor said that his heart is stronger than we could believe. but we don't have the kind of money to get all these operations done to help him. i mean, if it was another back surgery, its already been so much. and he's such a fighter. he's not weak. he refuses to let things get him down. and we won't cry in front of him because he understands. he doesn't like anyone to look at his back legs because he doesn't like for people to feel badly for him. i know that it is selfish to say that i want to keep him but if there is any possibility that he can do better because of this....i would do anything. i would do anything to help him. when my grandmother was sick he would encourage her to walk outside. he wouldn't walk if she wouldn't. he just means so much to this family and it has definitely been hard seeing him not have full use of his legs because he's just so strong. and he was always so active. i just wanted to know what i could possibly do to help him. whether its operations or anything that can help him. he's a good dog. he is the best damn thing that there is out there and that is worth fighting for. when you look at him...he's got too much left in him for anyone to give up on him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sampy.jpg (48.4 KB, 72 views)
anchichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!