View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #13
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Thank You So Much For The Support

Thanks to all of you for all your support. Willow and I just got home from our regular vet . . . much closer drive than the University of Minnesota . . . 5 minutes as opposed to 35 minutes. My vet and the tech told me that Willow's incision was absolutely perfect and that I had done a very good job of keeping it dry and it was healing perfectly. They were also very pleased with how she could stand on it and everything. They said to just continue to keep her confined and even when she gives me fits . . . try not to give in to her barking and crying. I needed to run a couple of errands and they had me leave her there for her suture removal and they said that they didn't hear a peep out of her. She only started barking and crying when I got there. I think I have created a very spoiled little girl . . . and I am now going to try really hard to give her the attention she needs while she heals . . . but not give in to her tantrums.

The most important thing for Willow right now is the confinement. The vet told me that they have seen dogs need to have surgery again because the owners did not keep them confined during the necessary recovery time. This has been very costly, not to mention that I have not been able to work as well, and it has been very emotional. We are following the doctor's orders to the letter and I know we can make it through this. On Friday we are half way through our confinement in the cat carrier . . . then it's off to the play pen for another few weeks.
BellaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!