View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
Iris
Yorkie Yakker

Default Fasting for blood test and X-ray

Hi

My name is Iris, I just joined the group. We have a 5 month old, 5 pound male yorkie, his name is Tiko. This is our first puppy ever, so we are very nervous parents. And he has my husband and I very worried. He's been throwing up about once a week sometimes bile sometimes food and once in a while seems to be gasping for air. The vet thinks that he's okay, nothing serious but wants to do blood work and an X-ray of stomach and trachea just to be sure.

She wants Tiko to fast for 20 hours, no food and no water. I don't know how we can keep him without water for that long. Tiko loves to eat and drinks a lot. We're just so afraid to do this. I'm also concerned with his sugar level dropping during the fast. When we first got him we were told that we had to be careful with his sugar level dropping especially during the first 6 months.

I'd like to know if any of you have had to make your yorkies fast, and how did it go. Actually, I need to be walked through this, because I'm scared to do it and scared not to do it. Advise please. Iris
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!