View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
Reesie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

We had a Cairn Terrier Trixie that we adopted after my great Aunt passed away. She had not ever been around children and when we got her she was about 1 1/2 yrs old. I had 4 children at home and she got along with everyone except my oldest son. Trixie would lay beside me in the chair and if Brandon walked by she would jump out of chair and nip at his ankles. she finally adjusted to him and they became very close. We had her for 16 years before she left us. One of the sadest days of my life. She never really liked any other children out of our family so I just had to make sure all the visitors knew she was not kid friendly and I would tell Trixie to "be nice" if they wanted to pet her. She was extremely loyal to me and listened very well. She would just look up at me with those "Save Me" eyes when a kid was around but she didn't ever bite. Thank Goodness ! I miss her terribly. Everyone always said she was uglest dog they had ever seen, but she was everything to me. Here's one of the last pictures of her. We had just added Reesie to our family. She was a life saver. Sorry I didn't mean to get off the subject.
Attached Thumbnails
Maddie doesn't like kids-reesie-trixie.jpg  
Reesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!