Thread: Product Hype
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 09:32 AM   #36
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Yorkie Mom
I nor my dogs liked the CC brush. I bought a evolution comb at pet depot for 7.99 and its great. they rarely have a mat in their hair. I use the cowboy magic shampoo and conditioner and detangler. I've got now where I use my pantene shampoo and once in a while I use the detangler on them but I use it mixed with water in a spray bottle just after their baths and brush them and their hair is always soft as silk and the pantene smells much better to me. I dont care for the smell of the cowboy magic, its not bad but I also have some silk shampoo that smells good that I use along too. I kinda change it up. I hate reading all these post about the chicken soup puppy lovers that peoples dogs dont like cause I just ordered a 6 lb bag for mine and cant wait for mine to try it and now i'm worried they wont like it. whaahhh!! I sure hope they do cause the only things ive found they eat good it a softer food called variety packs i mix with whatever dog food I'm using to get them to eat good. I have the wellness food now, they dont care for that, nor the iams, nor the sience diet nor anything else. I did have a bag of the food for yorkies( cant remember the name of it) but they ate it about as good as any but not that good either. So I was praying mine would like the chicken soup since all ive heard about it so far was how much everybodys dogs loved it. So I'm still praying they will like it or i'm soon gonna just pick up a bag of cheap food at the grocery store and try it. Ive spent lots of money on dog food this past 10 or so months and given several bags to my sister for her dog. a schnauzer and i'm bout ready to throw about 5 lbs of this wellness food in the garbage. I wont keep paying for a dry food I have to always buy a soft food to mix with it to get them to eat it. But at least they've eaten it good mixed and maggie has gained up to 5 lbs and 3 oz but not getting big just getting fatter and looks so cute. But that gets expensive. so i'll see how the chicken soup goes next then i give up.
Bama don't feel bad about buying the 6lb bag, I bought the 18 lb bag. I should add mine was the puppy formula cause Joey's still a puppy. I know what you're going through with this food thing. I?m so use to dogs really enjoying their food. A friend with a new puppy brought over some Nutro's chicken, Joey really loved it, but some of the reviews I read suggested it was not a high quality food, so I bought Nutro's Ultra. It contains chicken, lamb, and salmon and got a much better rating for quality. He will eat it, unlike the Chicken Soup, but only when he's really hungry. Sometimes I can hear his little tummy growling and I feel so bad, and I'm tempted to give him a treat, which he loves, but then I think I'm just prolonging the problem.

People have posted lists about the best foods for dogs and since Chicken Soup was high on the list and so many dogs loved it, I think it's a good idea to try it. I'm having a problem deciding how far down on the list should I go; and are these lists really accurate. I've read that a lot of dogs like Royal Canin, but reviews on quality weren't that good, but I'm tempted to try it. One thing you should know Bama is any pet food purchased from Pet Smart can be returned. Good luck with your CS.

Nancy
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!