View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
BellaWillow
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default HELP . . . Willow Is Not Being A Good Patient Today

We are 10 days into Willow's recovery for her broken leg and the surgery to put a plate and pins in it . . . and this little stinker is becoming more and more fiesty every day. I know I should be happy that my sweet little baby is finally feeling good . . . but we have many weeks yet of her being confined in a cat carrier. It has been a very traumatic two weeks since she was dropped by the boy that came to visit for Christmas . . . and many a sleepless night being sick over what happened . . . but how can I now get with the program and keep my little girl calm and content when she is zipped up in a small carrier so that her leg has the necessary time to completely heal?

Each day that she feels better just gets that much harder to keep her confined. All my little tricks are not working anymore. She wants down on the ground to run and play and that just can't happen. The doctor specifically told us that she has to be confined in that carrier for 6 weeks . . . and we have about four and a half more to go. I let her out of the potty kennel and she bolted from me and ran into the other room and was looking for her toys. I had to run and catch her and just be thankful she didn't hurt that little leg of hers.

For the past few days I have had her out of her carrier and laying on the bed with me and she chewed flossies and sucked on her little "nook". She was very content to lay with me . . . but today . . . she wants to run and play by herself and that can't happen.

I am so thankful that my sweet little baby is okay because it could have been so much worse . . . and then I read about all the sick and injured yorkies out there that are so much worse off than Willow . . . but what can I do to pass the time for Willow and make her time in the kennel not so horrible for both of us? The vet mentioned that we may have to sedate her . . . but that seems so drastic. Then she mentioned baby benadryl as an alternative. What ideas do you have that you may suggest to us. I am forever greatful. Love Pegi and Willow
BellaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!