View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Legal Recourse For Sick Pups Bought.

I posted this under the general discussion but thought that it may be good to post this here too. While looking for a lemon law for Kammi (Miko) I came across this site. This comes from Michigan State University of Law. The link I'm posting will take you to the page where you can put in your state and see what animal laws exist. It covers all sorts of things from owner's responsibility of dog bites, animal cruelty and sick pups bought from Petstores/breeders. It will tell you the laws, statutes and recourse etc. It's very disturbing to me to see so many posts lately from people who have gotten very sick pups. In the last week one has been put down and one is currently fighting for his life all at the hands of Pet stores. These Puppy Mills have got to be shut down!! Anyway, I hope that no one else needs this but just in case any newbies come on or exisiting that need to know the laws here is the site. It's amazing to me to see how many states offer no or little protection to the animals or the buyer. Elaine.

http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/s.../stusnjset.htm
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!