View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #64
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryana
hmmm...i posted a reply yesterday but it looks like it didnt post. anyways, i spoke with my sister about it and she is increasing the amount that she's feeding him, although she is still regulating it. also, the vet has not caught on to it because she has had to switch vets. i think she got the idea to do this because she asked the vet how she could keep him small and he said it depended on what she fed him (presumably talking about his weight NOT the size). also, she has some friends with yorkies who are very picky eaters so they naturally do not eat that much so she figured that her little boy could go with not a lot of food either. thanks everyone again for the replies and i'm working on her to increase the food little by little.

also, doesn't the amount of food puppies require increase until they're a year old? and does anyone know of any diseases or specific problems that can happen so that it can scare her?

PLEASE HAVE your sister read this thread. You asked for help and there already are specific problems listed in the many posts.

You said the poor dog is hungry and losing weight. Your sister needs to see the posts here and think about her reasons for having a dog - or maybe just not have a pet at all.

That's so mean of her. A yorkie or ANY living thing that is entrusted to US needs to be properly fed. WE ARE THEIR VOICES and what she's doing is just cruel.

She's like his Jailer holding back food and that's just wrong.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!