View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #60
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashajade
ooh you got me thinking now as to where i read it or heard it, i might be in my yorkie books i will go have a look, or i may of seen it on the internet.
i know no one really knows what breeds make up the yorkie as no one has records of them and the miners who came up with the breed never spilled the beans.
The Yorkshire Terrier Club of America is pretty resolute that there have never been any white genes in the Yorkie. Read what is says about the Parti-colors: "All of these original breeds were grizzle, tan, blue, blue and tan, or black and tan. No white dog or dogs with white markings were involved in the process of developing the breed. " There is more: http://www.ytca.org/faq.html#C (To the Parti-color folks -- do not shoot the messenger!

As to the "no one really knows" -- I think they have come up with a fair history for the breed. I think it was the weavers that brought the Scotch terriers as they came to find work in the mills of Yorkshire, England. Try The Complete Yorkshire Terrier by Joan Gordon and Janet Bennett or Yorkshire Terriers by Janet Jackson (Pres. YTCA).
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!