Thread: Alzheimers
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
Yorkie3
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I'm so sorry Lou that you are going through this. My MIL is in a nursing home now and has been for almost two years. She has cancer and it is spreading all over and to her brain. My husband visits her on Mon. and Fri. after work. (She's on his way home.) When he went this last Tuesday...she was sitting there crying. Her TV was off, which is unusual. She told him everyone thinks she's crazy. The staff doesn't think that at all. Yes it is hard for some of the aides...my MIL feels the need to urinate every 15-30 minutes. It's just the pressure from the cancer. When ever we've taken her to the bathroom, sometimes she'll go, sometimes not. It is so sad to watch her deterorate. She told him she wanted out of there and doesn't understand why us and her two daughters can't take turns taking care of her. She needs 24 hour medical care, we work. At least she is close and we can visit her often. I have a feeling we won't have her much longer. She is rapidly going down hill.

Know in your heart you're doing all the right things. I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!