View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #153
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartzoe
ok - so please don't kill me for this post, i know many will not like it but i dont know what to do. i know some of you have seen my other post about my yorkie runt who was supposed to be tiny and is now 9 weeks and about 2.2 lbs. Well its been exactly one week since i got her and i feel horrible about this, but i feel like i want to give her back to the breeder for my money back (if that is even possible). I was told she was going to be very small as she was 6 ounces at 5 weeks old and am dissapointed in her large size. I do understand that i would grow to love her, but as i have only had her with me for a week i am not attached yet. I really had my heart set on a teeny tiny baby... what should i do?...or what do you think i can do?

My Sadie was 2 lbs at 8 weeks...she is now just about 6 lbs. I don't feel this is a big dog...matter of fact I think she's small...Sadie is my first Yorkie I read all I could before I invested in this breed and, then found this site....I have learned so much from everyone here... I have seen yorkies that have a better coat than Sadie, shorter legs, shorter body and she has a slight roach back...I love her with all of my heart...I fell in love when I first saw her at 5 weeks old. My brother asked me if someone offered me $1,000.000.00 for her if I would sell her...I told him not on my life! I have read many weight question posts on here and if you go back and read some of them you may be surprised...some of the furbabies that seem to be "big" when they are weeks old didn't gain that much more weight as adults...of course some did but, you can never tell...just like humans...If it were me??? I wouldn't get rid of her but, if you are going to be upset because she isn't a "purse puppy" I would rehome her...you don't want the dog to suffer because of her size.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!