View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #14
rox626
YT Addict

I'm sorry for your horrible experience and especially sorry that you took this puppy back. If all he had was hypoglycemia, it is a serious condition but one that is easily taken care of. I know of several breeders who have had their puppies go down while in their care. These women have their dogs in the house and watch them constantly. The woman I got Debbie from when she was 10 weeks old warned me about it and told me to just make sure she ate something every few hours. Debbie was 1 1/2 pounds when I got her, but she always ate and is still small at 5 years and 3 pounds. Many people keep Nutrical around for when they have sudden drops in blood sugar but Debbie's breeder just suggested some Karo syrup. The sugar rush gives them enough energy to actually eat something decent.

Good luck with your refund. Unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest people out there. Don't feel bad about not seeing the parents though. If someone really wanted to they could show you any two yorkies and claim them to be the parents. How would you know the difference?
rox626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!