View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
bellaismybaby
Donating Yorkie Yakker

A similar thing happened to me before I found YT and realized how naive i was. I bought a pup here in Ca from a lady who said her 'aunt' was the breeder in OK. She said I couldn't contact the breeder because she was old and sick...I believed her. She advertised 'registered', but I didn't know it was CKC and not AKC...I didn't know the difference at the time. I, too, left with no papers and eventually got them from her after several e mails. I eventually found out the Chaffin (not good) was the breeder after much search and getting bits of info from the lady I bought from.
I have to say, though, now that it is over...I wouldn't trade Bella for any other pup in the world!! She is the sweetest most loving thing ever. She has never been sick...thank God. And since I dont' plan to breed her (she gets fixed Jan 17) I don't really care. I would have liked to see the parents. It's almost like adopting a child...you don't get to imagine what they will look like when they grow up, and you don't have the health background to look for future ailments.
Next time (yes I admit I am bitten with the Yorkie bug) I will look and search for a reputable caring breeder.
I wish you luck...you will have allot of support here
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!