Thread: Honestly..
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
vainchick5
YT 6000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02
i also have not read of anyone loosing a dog on here to spay/neuter although i know it happens a lot! i think it is relevant to their size... the smaller they are the bigger the risk... i think the best thing as parents to these little guys that we can do is going in knowing more than the vet thinks you do. i was completely knowledgeable about the type of anethesia that needed to be used and i drilled my vet with questions about "what if" i think he was taken back by my knowledge of eveyrhting and he took me very seriously.. i think if you can learn as much as possible and go into your vet asking every question out there you will feel better ebcause if the vet can answer you then you know you are at the right place, if he can't.. you better go find a new one. i think that some vets deal with little dogs a lot and others rarely see them so maybe you want to ask how many neuters he has done on a dog under 5 lbs and has he lost any... and go from there.... its tough and a neuter is an elective surgery but god forbid your little guy need another type of surgery it is best to know you are dealing with the best vet possible. let us know what you decide
Excellent post. I know everyone tells you "don't worry don't worry" but I was like you . I didn't want to hear that I wanted to hear the bad stories. But you know what? I didn't hear ANY! Just like human doctors, vets can also not know or not do something when necessary. My best advice to you is research everything you can about neutering and make sure your vet can answer all of your questions. Your baby will do great and he will be back to his usual self in no time at all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!