View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #1
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Cry need your opinions/advice on hair cuts...

This isn't exactly a yorkie I want advice on but is my male maltese Poptart and since maltese have the same type of coat and hair style I figured I would ask you all what you thought.

Poptart got sick a couple weeks ago. This caused him to tear REALLY bad. So I ended shaving his muzzle short, it is about half an inch long now. Well when he was sick he had diarehea (sp?) really bad. I cleaned him off right away and washed him but it was soooo bad. It was so disgusting to clean up but I
had to do it right away otherwise he would have gotten it everywhere. After some meds from the vet he is all better now but.... his whole back end is now just one big matt. So I have to shave his back end.

So I thought I would shave the rest of his body that way he didn't look
stupid having a shaved back end. So now do I shave the hair on his head too?? The hair on his head is sooo nice and I always keep it up in a topknot and I love it that way. But would it look stupid have his whole body shaved with long hair on his head?? Of course I will try to keep the hair on the body as long as possible but it is so long right now, about an inch from the ground while his back end will be much shorter.
Now I have not started shaving yet because I really don't want to chop all that beautiful hair off. But there is just now way I can save the hair on his back end, it simply needs shaved off.

So would he look really stupid for him to have long hair on his head and short on his body??

He is going to look so ugly having his hair short.

Hmmm... maybe I can give him one of those hair cuts that they have for the Portuges water spaniels. But I think my family would have a fit if I did that, they would think I had no idea how to shave a dog since they don't know it is actually a normal cut. In case you don't know what I am talking about, here is a pic of one. Isn't it a silly cut??

Again any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I wish I could maintain that cute maltese look but he already looks poodlized with his muzzle cut short. Sorry this is so long, I am just soooo upset that I have to cut his hair, it took awhile to grow it out that long and looked so great. Grrr..... why did he have to get sick!!
Ps. the dog pictured is not mine, I used it to show you water a cut on a Portugese Water Spaniel looks like. Poptart would actually look just like this if I cut him this way, only white.
Attached Thumbnails
need your opinions/advice on hair cuts...-water-spaniel.jpg  
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!