View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 05:53 AM   #12
Julz
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have a Rotty. A very big, terribly abused dog we rescued from the animal shelter. He is blind in one eye from being shot in the face by his owner. We love him to death and he is very good with my Yorkie. HOWEVER...I definetly would NOT suggest you take him in for the weekend. I know he is sweet, I know that you know him and probably love him. BUT, as a Rotty owner, it is never further than an inch from the back of my mind what could happen (not likely to me, my family or pets) to something or someone he isn't with every day. The thought of it scares me so bad sometimes that I think I have to give him back the shelter (their rules). But we love him so much and he hasn't done anything...but he could. Rottys are not the only dogs that attack, neither are Pit Bulls, they just make the headlines quickly. This advice is coming from someone that loves her Rotty and Yorkie very very much. You know Nala is an "in your face" little girl. He may warn her once or twice and not have the patience for the third time.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!