Thread: can't travel :(
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
twistr
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default can't travel :(

I worked so hard with my Spencer to get him trained to use the pad. We were on a HUGE roller coaster but he's finally getting it. By gateing him to only half the house, he has learned to use his pad every time. I'm going to guess he hasn't had any accidents in over two or three weeks now.

BUT:

When we go to grandma's house (my mom and dad's house), he follows no rules, and just goes wherever he wants, even though I put a pad down for him and show him where it's at. When he was real young, I used to take him to grandma's house every day instead of leaving him alone as a puppy, he always used the pad at grandma's then. Now that he's grown up a bit, I leave him at home alone while I'm at work and he only goes to grandmas on weekends or if I decide to take him over after work when we eat supper there. He does his business anywhere he wants over there now. I really want him to be a dog that I can take anywhere and behave, for one because I love him so much I like having him around all the time, but also I don't want him to be alone anymore than he has to be, but if he refuses to act right, it really makes it hard for me to justify taking him anywhere.

Anyone else have this issue? When I'm at mom and dad's, I'm usually very busy and don't have time to "retrain him over there". I guess that's what I do really need to do though... Any suggestions???
twistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!