Thread: What Is Apri?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #4
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Someone on another chat had given me these when I asked about APRI when I was looking to buy my second dog:

This excerpt came from a pet fancy bulletin:

American Pet registry will register ANY dog, and even mixes. It is a good indication that the dog is NOT purebred, or that its parents couldn't be registered.. Many pet quality dogs are sold with a limited registration, to keep people from breeding them..If those are bred, then their pups can't be registered, so they switch to a worthless registration club...
APRI registration means absolutely nothing..not even that the pup is purebred..It is a real scam, for use by disreputable breeders. Most puppy mill dogs are APR or Continental KC registered.

Source(s):
dog breeder since 1968 ... I would rather have an unregistered dog as a pet, than an APR registered one..as that regitistry is an indication of a poor quality or unhealthy dog raised by a money hungry breeder with no ethics

and here is something else my friend got for me from another board she is on.

This is the answer you got to your question on another group. The woman who wrote it shows and breeds and is quite knowledgable. I thought others on this board might want to know:
I don?t know for what purpose you are planning to get your female. If you just want her for a loving pet, for breeding, for show?
APRI - American Pet Registration Inc. is NOT accepted by AKC. You can?t transfer a registration from APRI to AKC and you can?t register pups of an APRI registrated female to AKC. That could influence the price people are willing to pay for them, I guess.

Hope it helps!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!