View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Default After the storm...

We had a-heck-of-a thunderstorm last night. We got 3 1/2 inches of rain, high winds and lots of thunder and lightening. One hit so close that it turned the color on my TV so people were purple with blue lips. There is still color in the set, but they are all wrong. Today, I found more problems. My neighbor saw the lightening and said it looked like a huge ball of fire on my house. It was the loudest crash bang boom I've ever heard! That is when my TV went goofy. Today I kept finding more problems. It fried both garage door openers, the furnace, doorbell and another TV. Crazy thing is, all these things are in different parts of the house...the main floor, the basement and the garage. I hope that's all the damage and I don't find more tomorrow!

Then, this evening my daughter called to say her basement had water in it. I took the shop vac and went up to help her. We kept sucking water up and it would just keep coming. We had to cut part of the carpet out because it was too saturated to try to dry out. The water just keeps seaping in, and thank goodness it's staying to one side, so hopefully it won't go any further than it already has. I am really upset about this water problem, because she just bought this house about a half year ago, and I'm sure that was probably a known problem with that house that they didn't bother to disclose to her.

So...that was my day...hope yours was better!!!
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!