View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Get her spayed!!!

No disadvantages only advantages...eliminate the risk of reproductive cancers and a very serious uterine infection that is often fatal, pyometria, dramatic decrease in mammary cancer, no false pregnancies, no heat cycles to go through (and yes she will bleed), no hormone driven behaviors

When a spay is performed prior to the first heat period, the risk of mammary cancer later in life is less than 1%. There are NO disadvantages to getting a dog spayed or neutered. They will be happy and healthy, just as before.

I am a firm believer that breeding should be left to the professionals - people who have dedicated themselves to bettering the breed and have done the work and the research. So many people buy a puppy and toy around with the idea of breeding them without realizing the time, work and money that it takes.

You're right, you do have some time to decide, but don't leave it to late. And I urge you to do your research both on spaying AND breeding. (you can do a search on here - there have been many threads in the past that touch on this subject).

Good luck in your decision!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!