View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #8
sashajade
YT 1000 Club Member

i also cant see the point in having a dog if its to be kept outside but thats jmo.
pits are banned for selling or breeding in the uk and just a couple of days ago a 5 year old girl was killed by one.
i dont think there is such a thing as a bad breed of dog i think its a bad owner that causes the problems and the pits i have met have all been lovely.
but saying that you must remember why the pit bull was bred in the first place for fighting, and in the wrong hands can be a killer.
if you got another yorkie and say that yorkie bit the pit bull and the pit bull turned on the yorkie the out come would be deadly.
my sister and her partner have a 15 stone mastiff who is the lovelyest dog ever, she is so gentle with kids and there little dog but a few years ago on xmas day my sister went horse riding and left the mastiff with the little dog and there staff (they had lived together for years) and when they came back the house was covered in blood, the mastiff had bite marks on her and when the walked in to the lounge the staff had blood pumping out of his neck, (the staff could be a bit grumpy as he was 12 years old) the staff later died from one bite mark on his neck.
it looked like the staff had biten the mastiff loads of times so she bit him back but sadly cost of how hard she could bite she hit a main vain with one bite.
im not saying this to scare you but even the nicest dog can turn if provoked and it only takes one bite, the mastiff never ment to kill the staff she just wanted him to leave her alone. this is her pic
Attached Images

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!