View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
Kimbers Mommy
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Car Spaying decision - here or out of town?!

Okay I have a little dilemna, I have a few months to go yet. Kimber weighs 2.5 lbs at 16 weeks. I was told to get her spayed around 6 months.

The breeder would NOT recommend a vet in my town (I got Kimber from just outside of Winnipeg, MB which is about 7 hours away). She strongly urged me to take her to this vet - out of town for her spay.

Obviously I am not going to make a 14 hour trip (round trip) every time she needed shots when I got her. The vet in town is great with Kimber, and it is a wonderful facility. I don't know if I should get my vet in town to do the procedure - or make the trip to Manitoba for it.

My feelings are mixed. If I got it done in town and something went wrong - I would NEVER forgive myself. On the other hand - even though the breeder strongly recommended taking her out of town, and said they would keep her for the weekend and everything - I simply don't like the idea of making a long drive (especially from NW Ontario with our horrible highways in the winter) and then another drive back. She does well in the car but it may make it more stressful?

Please I would really appreciate everyones opinions on this!
Kimbers Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!