View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #12
chuckandnan
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Smile

My Dollie isn't crazy about her baths but she tolerates me...HA HA. I make certain the water from the spray isn't loud and is warm, not hot...please just pleasant. And I put a little rubber mat down so she doesn't slip or slide while I am bathing her. I talk to her and when she gets a little squirmy I tell her in a firm voice "No No" Dollie's a good girl.... and so forth. I let her know I will be done in a little while and I let her shake when ever she wants. Then I make certain the towel is in the dryer and warm. I put her in it and I hold her for about 20 minutes while I clean up my bath mess and then I rock her and we have a little close time. She takes a short little nap and then we go to a warm room to blow dry. She doesn't care for it but she once again will stay still. When she moves I grab her and show her who is boss and tell her ....No in a firm voice. I would never use a cold dryer on her. Just us the warm but don't put it totally close to her. It will get the job done. But be patient...Dollie is 2 and I have been bathing her since she was 12 weeks. The groomers just love her because they say she is so good. Who knows....Good Luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!