View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #7
lyricandme
YT Addict

This is interesting! I just had a very similar situation. My sister has 2 rotties and they are both gentle, enormous teddy bears. In fact, they are "playmates" with my 18 month old niece and they are super gentle with her. They have spent lots of time with other big dogs without a problem. Well, my sister went out of town last weekend and I went to watch her house and the dogs. Of course, we took Rocky with us. Jax and Joe, the rotties, have been around Rocky before but I was always holding him and there was no problem. They would sniff him and even lick him! As soon as I felt like they were all used to each other, I put Rocky down. Jax and Joe immediately tried to attack him. He was screaming and running, I was screaming and running, my husband was screaming and running after all of us! These dogs have had the best of training and have never shown aggression of any kind and ALWAYS obey commands. But, not this time! They were about to have a Rocky snack! My husband finally got Rocky and held him way up over is head, and they still tried to get him! We couldn't believe our eyes! It scared me to death! I have known Jax and Joe since they were 8 weeks old (now they are 5 and 6 years) and I have never known them to do anything like this. They are usually the best behaved, most calm dogs! So, my answer would be a definite NO WAY! Hope this helps!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!