View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #12
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

i agree with the nice long walk!! layla LOVES her walks! and when she gets back she is pooped for the day! since being on vacation we have been going for hour long walks... she is carried when she gets tired.. but she is also 10 months.. you might want to start a bit shorter also with the potty thing.. my trainer suggested learning his schedual... i know now when layla has to poop and generally when she has to pee... i take her out for 10 min... if she does nothing.. she goes in her crate for 10 min... and it's back and forth.. then when she DOES do something.. HUGE celebration.. treats right there in the back yard and SOOOO much praise it makes me want to puke! but she finally got the hang of it! we still have accidents.. but not nearly as many! it was hard with her because i free feed her to get her scheudal. but the older they get the more reliable with the bathroom they get. Hang in there.. we have ALL been there... oh also... i read that every day they should have "crate time" an hour where he is just in there by himself to help calm himself down.. give him a treat, tell him crate, and leave him where you are as long as you aren't busy or doing something exciting he will want to participate in.. it sounds like he is getting himself all wound up! we also had the probelm with layla when you'd go to pick her up she'd just away and growl like she wanted to play.. now we have taght her to "come here" we have a treat in our hand.. we say "come here" and point to the ground where we want her in front of us (kneeling down) and only when she comes to me and i can pick her up does she get her treat. it's a long process but one of the few commands that are very important to us. good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!