Thread: what to do
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Kristy...I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here but...if you think you should make the first move then you should. Have you considered that maybe the people you have such hard feelings for may feel just as awkward as you about speaking up? What if no one ever does? Life is too short to play games with your emotions...if you know your Dad is around...call him!

As for your Mom...maybe those were her first words because she was nervous and didn't know what else to say? Don't always take things so personal...keep an open mind, consider how or what other people might be feeling and do what you feel is the right thing to do.

I know how much baggage a person can carry from their child hood. We were foster parents for years and believe me...I've seen and heard just about everything a person can do to a child...physically and emotionally! I also know that my kids didn't get over, past or through things without the help of a good counselor and it was amazing to see the transformation some of them went through.

Good luck with your family...sometimes all it takes is for someone to make a tiny gesture and everything else falls into place...but someone has to be first. I hope it isn't too late for you all to work things out.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!