Thread: pizzle sticks
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 09:50 PM   #8
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLowry
I bought bully pretzels for the girls....they are a bully stick in the shape of a pretzel...Sadie wanted a night time snack and brought it in bed with her (she sleeps with us) I could hear her chewing and she sounded a little funny, so I got up and put on the light and she was chocking!! I ran over to her and THANK GOD!! she got two very good size peices up..one was about the size of a quater and the other about the size of a half dollar!!! I was in SHOCK to say the least! I didn't think they could get big peices off like that! needless to say the only way she gets to chew on them now is if she is in my lap and I am holding it.....I thank God she god it up herself, the closest ER vet is over an hour away and never would have made it in time...I would have lost my little Sadie....OMG! just the thought of it makes me sad...

Have any of you ever had one of your furbabies break a big peice off like that before?

I am so very sorry that Sadie got choked.... How terribly frightening. Thank goodness that she is ok. I know you must have been scared half to death! Your post serves as a reminder to all of us that NO chew is 100% safe, we must always be viligent when they are chewing .....
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!