View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 AM   #82
mizzchellie
Yorkie Talker

Love

Owning A Tiny Dog Does Require More Care And I Am Not Talking Bout Grooming And All That Good Stuff. They Need Special Care To Check If Their Blood Sugar Is At A Normal Level And If They Are Eating Enough Or Warm Enough. They Are Definitely More Time Consuming So If You Are Working Long Hours Forget About Getting One Unless You Are Willing To Pay A Reputable Vet To Babysit While You Are Gone. My Tiny Baby Had Hypoglycemia And I Thought I Was Careful With Her But Obviously It Wasnt Enough. After Hundreds Of Dollars In Vet Bills The Vet Said She Seem To Be Doing Okay Now. The Worst Is Over But I Am Still Stressing About Her 24/7 Worrying If She Going To Get Another Episode. They May Seem Fine A Minute And The Next They Are Low In Sugar. Even If They Are Eating Really Well Like Mine They Can Still Get Low Blood Sugar. Always Have Nutri Cal Ready And Kyro Syrup Or Anything That Will Quickly Boost Their Sugar Level. Even If They React To The Sugars You Are Giving Them Make Sure They Eat After Because The Sugar Level Can Easily Drop Again But The Food Will Actually Keep The Sugar Level Stable And Let It Stay Up At That Level For A While. The Sugars Will Boost The Sugar Level Up And Drop Fast If They Dont Eat. To Be On The Safe Side Still Take Your Baby To The Vet. You Have To Check On Them Every Hour Almost Until They Are Couple Months Old. They Are So Fragile. You Can Never Be Too Careful With These Little Darlings But With Proper Care They Will Bring Years Of Joy To Anyones Life And That Is Priceless.
mizzchellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!