Thread: Eclampsia
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
ladygucci
Yorkie Talker

Default Eclampsia

We had a bad night Christmas Eve...My ten year old found Gucci under the bed Panting and Shaking...It looked almost like she was having seizures. We called our vet and he told us to give her tums because it sounded like her ca;sium was depleted. We drove to town and found the only store open and bought her some tums....She kept getting worse...so we called the Emergency Hospital in the next town....They said if she was having muscle spasms that she needed to be brought in and put on IV fluids and some other stuff to bring her Calsium back up... So we took her there, (it was a hour and a half drive) and when we were pulling into the parking lot she vomitted and she didn't have enough strength to push it out of her throat so she stopped breathing....We kept patting her on the back until we got her to push it out and she started breathing again. They kept her over night....We picked her up the next morning and she has been acting really weak ever since...I've been giving her a Calsium Supplement every day and we aren't letting her nurse anymore...(the puppys are 6 weeks old) I've been feeding her all she wants....up until today she was eating good but she hasn't ate hardly anyrthing today....all she wants to do is sleep. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!