View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Oh Darlene....I read this again and I can just feel the pain and almost see that little baby in the road....I'm so so sorry and wanted to tell you again how much your story touched me. I really got choked up reading and my heart goes out to you and your family.....It's so hard to type with tears....

These things can happen so quickly and hopefully she didn't suffer....it sounds like she didn't, and at least that's a blessing however small. Your other post really got me thinking how someone with the best intentions can actually be really harming our dogs...that poor mailman must feel terrible too.

Since you already have the beautiful Rainbow Bridge poem I wanted you to have this to read also - it's very beautiful and may help you and your girls.....I can't even read them because today is a really sad day ....and I don't want to make you cry more...but here...

Please....Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, i do not sleep;
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow;
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain;
When you awake in the morning's hush;
I am the swift uplifting rush; of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die.

** author Unknown **

Hugs and please don't beat yourself up...it sounds like she passed on doing something she really loved - waiting for the mailman to throw her treats.

I'm so sorry for your loss ...she was just adorable. She'll forever be in your heart.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!