View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 06:36 AM   #11
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear
Bettyeanne, I hope you both make it home safe! I am not ready for another snow storm yet. We just barely got dug out from the last one. I so hope the snowplows are ready for this one. What is going to happen with all the new snow on top of so much old snow!! Ruts are all over on the side streets! I am sure we'll all have to have our cars aligned! You are smart to stay an extra few days. There is no way I would want to stay at an airport overnight, especially with a dog. I have seen so many pictures on the news of people sleeping on the floor with an skinny wool blanket (if they are lucky) and a small airplane pillow and God knows where their luggage has gone! You wouldn't want to be any part of that fiasco! Start the New Year coming home safe!!
It's just awful ... I didn't sleep at all last night and have been watching the weather channel since about 3AM. I knew it was still bad up there from the one last week. It's such a mess and I heard on the news that some of the 400 snowplows broke and they are furiously trying to get them repaired before this one hits! I had already packed extra clothes, blankets, food, etc. for Toto ... didn't even think about Patrick & me!!! We have been stuck in airports several times. When we flew home in July when my Mom died, there was a monster storm with pouring rain in Birmingham and after we finally got home, my daughter and I were unpacking our luggage and water literally ran out of our luggage ... what a mess!! When you get stuck like that you really have no choice but to just make the best of it .... some people act so awful, like it's the people all around them that caused it! All the anger is very upsetting for Toto so I am glad to just sit it out here! The only thing that could make being stuck at the Denver airport fun, would be if about a dozen YT'ers and their furbabies were stuck there too .... what a meetup!!

Stay safe and be really careful if you have to get out in all that mess!!

Villette .... thanks bunches!! Happy New Year to you and your family. 2007 has gotta be good for us!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!