View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 05:38 AM   #3
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love Queen of Poop Eating!

Hey I have 4, My 2 Adults, 1 male and 1 female, are 3 and 2 yrs. old now.
They both ate their own Pooh as well as; Cat, Duck, Goose, racoon and any other kind of pooh, except other dogs (Thank God) I went through every trick in the book to try to get them to stop! The Vet. gave me pills, powder to put into their food etc. I fed them certain foods to discourage them but after exhausting all over the counter remedies, in the end the only thing that works is to watch them like a Hawk, and pick-up their feces immediately after!
Outdoors I make sure I keep them away from anything they might eat, but they're quick, basically I try to keep them away from the "Temptation".
I'm going through it now w/their 2 female puppies that are 17 wks. old.
But the male puppy that I sold never did it? I also find that alot is based on my "Reaction" and how I respond, I used to get grossed out and scream and get all excited.....so they would run around like we were playing a Game?
Now I don't react at all, if they do, do it. I just say a firm "NO Bad Girl", so far that seems to be working besides monitoring their food intake, I also have them on Royal Canine instead of Science Diet/Puppy food so instead of pooping 6 times a day it's only twice a day which helps. Good Luck!
artie merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!