View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:14 AM   #4
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitches29
It's like a human child. A human child will continue to potty in a diaper, as long as mom keeps putting one on. Maybe your baby needs to step up to training panties. Take her outside every two hours. At night, take her outside at least once. Always take her to the same spot. If you will stick to your guns, she will be housebroken very quickly.
I totally agree with this - she won't learn if you don't take it off - I never used any training aids but I do know if you use TONS of praise and stick with what Stitches said you can get started in the right direction -

No offense - but unless there is a health reason for the diapers - I don't think you need them or should use them - this is just my honest opinion and only meant in a nice way - but it IS like a toddler - they will never want to learn on their own if they always have diapers on - try to train your baby to go on a pad on the floor OR outside...it might take cleaning up accidents - but it's better than a yorkie in a diaper for her whole life.....The sooner you start - the sooner she'll learn !! Have lots of her favorite treats handy also - They love bribery ! GOOD LUCK !
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!