Thread: Pet Insurance?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
~Yorkie~Mommy~
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I just purchased Bailey the insurance yesterday, because I read too many times about other yorkies getting hurt and also Bailey has been scaring me by doing clumsy stuff like falling out of his little bed because he was leaning too much off of it to get my attention SPOILED LITTLE BRAT!! So I feel MUCHHHHHH better to know that I have a little cushion for Bailey if the unfortunate would occur. I went with VPI and I got the SUPERIOR Plan w/ the vaccination and Routine Care Coverage (but they do have a lower rate just wanted the BEST COVERAGE for Bailey) Initialy I have to pay 2 months right off so it was $48.98 and then over the next 10 months its 26.50 which includes a 2.00 monthly processing fee (maybe because I put it on my credit card I don't know) Also it takes 1-2 business days for VPI to review you records then you will receive an email (which I haven't recieve yet will probably recieve it tomorrow) and that email will state if you are appoved or not THEN after that you have a 14 day waiting period before your policy becomes effective..........and thats all I know LOL Hope I could help but I am glad I purchased it yesterday because the way I see it is if Bailey needs something that is in the hundreds or even in the thousands for that matter (which I have heard cases of such) we couldn't bare it all by ourselfs I would need someone to help us out so why look to relatives or friends and WORRY! I will just look to VPI (thats just how I see it) Oh and the only other company I had researched was the AKC HealthCare Plan but it was more expensive. Look at it this way if you think that you are financially stable to afford the unexpected even if its in the thousands don't get the insurance and PRAY it doesn't happen but if you are like me and my husband and the unexpected would happen it would put a hole in our pockets EVEN though might I add you do have to pay for the service UP FRONT (if I'm not mistaken then submit it to VPI then you get your check) but at least you get some of it back. This is just my opinion of pet insurance.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!