View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #54
~Yorkie~Mommy~
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37
Hmm o.k. well you know how the saying goes "you can pick your friends but not your family" well I kind of fall into that bracket. With that said I'd much rather spend Christmas or other holidays with my dogs or my friends because my friends and my pets (Three Yorkies, One Morkie and One smart ass Cockatoo named Boo. LOL) are my family. For a lot of years, I not really wanting to do it would visit the family or have them here at our house but this year I decided to do what I wanted and to share the holiday with those that really mean the most to me; My husband (whose parents are deceased and no brothers or sisters) my pets, our two sons both adopted from Guatemala as infants and friends that over the years became family. And maybe this is an unpopular thing to say but it was the most enjoyable holiday I've had in years. So I guess my answer would be that I'd pick my pets because they feel more like family. They never give me bulls**t, they always greet me with a smile or in their case a tail wag and they are always grateful for the gifts they get Hope everyone had as joyous a holiday as I and wishing you all a very Happy New Year Elaine
Where are your parents??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!