View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 05:33 AM   #2
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143
I will be looking to buy a male (not now but hopefully in a few months) for breeding. For those of you breeders who own the male, how did you start off?? Did you buy the male as a puppy or as an adult?? I am wanting to buy a male adult but I am finding it hard to find any older males that are for sale. Adult females seem to be alot easier to find than males. Being that I am starting out I really want an adult male that is experienced and has all the qualities and requirements I am looking for.
And I really don't want to go with just stud service, it cost almost as much as it would to buy a yorkie and I really just want to own my own male.

So how did you do it, how did you start off?? Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look when I am ready to get a male??
Or did you all buy the males as puppies instead and waited for them to get old enough??
Any input or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!
I bought my 1st stud (I do not offer him for public breeding) as a show dog, bought him on the basis of pedigree, health, attitude and conformation. Knew his linage and saw what his Sire had produced.

What you're attempting is very difficult. You're first going to have to find a breeder and gain their trust.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!