View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

I have a natural boar bristle brush that I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply. From http://www.petedge.com and a few other doggie places, those were high (over $50), but I got mine for about $20. Mojo has silky hair, that doesn't tangle much and this brush is wonderful!

A small (maybe a cat one) flea comb or a head/feet comb - the flea comb would be cheaper.

Nail clippers and file - if you want to do this your own. I think someone mentioned they use a small Dremmel power tool to file. Don't forget the syptic (?) powder too - to stop bleeding if you cut to much!

Clippers? You can use the human personal grooming clippers (the ones for bikini line, nose, ears, etc) - for touch ups around the behind, privates, ears, face, feet, etc. OR you can find some great ones from PetEdge.

I use PetSilk Shampoo and Conditioner - smells so good and keeps hair nice and shiny.

Someone posted awhile back about a product called PetGold that you can buy at Petco that is good for conditioning the hair.....I haven't bought it yet, but I would like to try it.

You can also use a finishing spray/coat spray - lots of products out there for this. You can use the human BioSilk too. Cowboy Magic is good for tangles. And there is Sea Breeze Oil which is said to be better than Cowboy Magic (mine is ordered and on its way, so I haven't used it yet).

Get some good rubber bands (go.fetch.com as some good ones) OR you can use the dental bands for braces too - those come in two sizes.

Tear Stain cleaner? That might be good to have.

I use cotton balls (torn in half) in Mojo's ears while I have him in the bath. - to keep water out. And the longer Q-tips for cleaning his ears.

Don't forget the toothbrush and paste! That's important! He gets his teeth cleaned at the vets, but we do it at home about once a week, sometimes more....There is a spray too that is said to work good. I can't remember what it is right now........PetzLife something or other maybe?? But there are TONS of dental care products out there.

Oh supplements are a good part of grooming too - keeps hair nice and healthy - we are currently using Missing Link and love the results!

I am sure there are more......this is just what I could remember off the top of my head!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!