View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Thanks. I hope that your baby will be okay. Starr had a bowel obstruction, come to find out, but if the vet had done xrays that first day when I took her in, she might have done better with the surgery He took FIVE whole days to finally do the xrays and by then her body was too weak and she died on us shortly after taking her home. This Christmas was not the same without her, even though we have two new babies to love, the hole that she left is enormous

PLEASE do not wait. Go to http://www.ytca.org/breeder3.html#FL and find the breeder closest to you, then call them and see if they can recommened a vet for you. That's what I ended up doing after Starr died, for our new girl Luna who was very ill when we got her. It made all the difference, as the vet that the pet store recommended was horrible! Since your girl has lost so much weight already, I wouldn't wait. Get on the phone and find a vet that will treat your dog more agressively, as time is of the essence with these little ones. My heart hurts for you, as I know what you're going through. I nursed Starr for 10 days, forcing food into her, and Nutrical, only for her to vomit it up later. If there is something blocking the bowels, of course they can't hold anything down Has she been pooping at all?

Gosh, I am so worried for you guys!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!