View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
Silipie23
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkie Guard Dogs?

Hey all, i was just wondering if any one else's yorkie's like to act as little guard dogs?

shayna has taken to trying and protect me, its so cute! we are at home a lot at night by ourselves because my boyfriend currently works nights...our apartment is the first floor of a two family house and recently when we are going to bed, whenever she hears the woman who lives upstairs walking around or coming home she sits upright (even if she is in a dead sleep) and comes up to my face and barks a couple of times and sits right next to me. She wont go back to sleep right away either. she'll sit, listen and look out the bedroom door. She also knows what time the BF comes home in the morning, so if she hears a noise she'll do all of that and then jump off the bed and run to the french door that closes off the hallway and sit there and wait for him. its really cute...

but there was one time that the BF came home early, and shayna didnt know it was him and thought someone bad was in the apartment. she started jumping around barking, running from the french door back and back to the bed as the foot steps got closer to get my attention. she was really freaked out, so i guess when it comes down to it shes not that much of a guard dog!

so i didnt know if any of your babies like to think they are brave?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!