View Single Post
Old 12-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #5
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggityJig
Obviously I know that A LOT of people on the board disagree with me. But does anyone AGREE?! Come on....tell the truth....it doesn't make you a bad fur-mommy....did you leave your furbaby HOME for Christmas?!
I agree with you -- common sense often dictates leaving our babies at home. They are often more comfortable and safer at home. And human families should always come first. Of course we love our furkids, but not over real family members!

We left our 4 at home. I am sure I could have taken one or two but to take 4 would be too big of an imposition on any gathering! I figured it would be hectic enough with all the company that the pups would not have enjoyed the visit. So, why put them through it? Just to show them off? No, I think they were very happy to stay home with their new toys. Mine do have each other so they are not that lonely with us gone for a few hours (although you would think so when we come home and are greeted like long lost loves). But even if I had just one -- I would have left her at home.

We had a wonderful morning that included the dogs. We had a wonderful family visit at my sister's. Then we came back home to our dogs again. So I do not think they were neglected and they were safe from dozens of feet, and excess handling. They were comfortable in their own home, with their own beds, and their own peace and quiet. No one else had our pets forced upon them and all were happy.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!