View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
tmurph
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Won't eat throwing up 4 year old female

Dusty started refusing to eat her Cesar wet dog food (which she has been eating for over a year).
She would only eat people food. Slowly she became harder to coach to eat such things as smoked turkey slices, boiled chicken, hamburger, cottage cheese and velvetta cheese. I took her to the vet and he found nothing wrong with her but gave her some anitbotics, Clavamox liquid (15 mil., twice a day) She seemed to do better for about two weeks and then she quit eating again.
I took her back to the vet. This time he did blood work, she was normal. He gave her a second bottle of Clavamox liquid, ( 15 mil. twice a day )to be on the safe side, and see if it would help her. She ate boiled chicken for a day or two but each day seemed harder to get her to eat. For the past two day she has not wanted to eat. Over the past twelve hours, on three occassions she has been given a total of 1 T of cottage cheese, 1T boiled chicken and 4 syringes (3cc syringe) along with 3 cc of Pepto-Bismol. She threw all of this up four hours ago and has had nothing since. She is loosing weight and only sleeps. Since today is Christmas I can't take her to the vet and I am worried.
tmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!