View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #9
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have a huge family but we don't buy for everyone...there's no way you could actually! We buy for our kids, grandkids and my parents so there isn't a lot of gift giving/receiving goin' on at our get togethers but we have a good time!
My daughter got me a gift certificate for my favorite clothing store...Christopher & Banks.
My daughter-in-law made my Yorkie scrapbook...even though she said it wasn't my Christmas gift, it really was!
My Mom got me new kitchen towels and oven mits...which I needed because I hadn't bought new ones to match since we moved here and remodeled everything.
My husband bought me a beautiful past, present & future diamond ring for my 25th anniversary/Christmas gift.
One neighbor brought over a tin full of home made goodies and another brought a gift bag with a wonderful smelling pecan/caramel candle and 2 jars of gourmet, organic salsa...she knows we eat nachos alot!
And the last one...my husband and I love Lundberg Art Glass so we're going to order a new piece for our collection as a combined gift but we haven't picked it out yet.

Mainly...I enjoy getting together with my family...which is a mixed lot for sure! We go to our son's (my step-son's) house (on Christmas Eve) and everyone is invited, including his Mom and step-dad, step brother and his family, our daughter-in-law's family and our foster girls. We've done it that way for years and it makes it so much easier on everyone...no shuffeling holidays and running all over town to eat 2 or 3 meals. I hope you all had a great day too!
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!