View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
BlondieGirl87
No Longer A Member

I bring Jadens crate and play pen with me whenever I go on family outings or gatherings. I have strict rules about Jaden, no one under the age of 14 is allowed to hold him standing up or sitting on a couch. If they want to see him they sit on the floor and let him come to them. For everyone else older than that if they want to hold him I take him out in the evenings after he's been fed and let whoever wants to hold him hold him for 15 minutes. They are the only person who is allowed to hold him and there is absolutely NO passing around. After that person is done holding him I give him some quiet time and then in another hour or so someone else can hold him for 15 minutes. If there is lots of noise I take him to a quiet room and stay in there with him until he is calm or sleeping and then I put up a baby gate and let him play in there but leave the door open so I can see him. Everyone has strict instructions not to go in there unless they ask me.

I think you just have to be really firm with your family and try to make them understand how little and fragile they are but most importantly that it is YOUR dog and what YOU say about it goes. So, if you put him in his crate while you step outside and say for them to leave him in there they need to leave him in there.
BlondieGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!