View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydia
My Sabrina is pregnant and due any day now, her temp has gone up and down in between 99.2 and 99.5, she is still eating and when the doctor seen her last week he said everything looks fine there are four babies so she might need a calcium supplement and I might need to feed the babies myself. The thing is he didn't tell me what type of milk to get, I seen some baby milk called Esbilac but there seem to be milk only for bigger dogs I seen nothing that said for small breed so does anyone have any suggestions on what type of milk I can substitute moms milk for??? And how often should I feed them??? Now that I think about it I don't know why he didn't tell me these things, he didn't even tell me how often I can let Sabrina nurse her own pups. Can anyone help???

ps. I might just be paranoid and I plan to take Sabrina to another doctor but four of Sabrina's teats are inverted, I asked the doctor did she have mastisis or could she be developing mastisis and he said no, he said her teats weren't hard so I had nothing to worry about, thing is TO ME THEY DON'T LOOK RIGHT, around the edges of two of them there is what looks like dry peely skin, is that normal??? the vet said it was, and what happens if she does have mastisis and the babies nurse????
Esbilac is fine for small breeds. Once mom's milk comes in, it lets down every 2 hours.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!